Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

My good intentions for a clever and well written post went by the wayside as I got swept up in the endless abyss that is blog-surfing. But I do want to get this up tonight, so we're making this short and sweet.

1. Happy Easter to everyone! We had an ok day yesterday. Everyone was nicely dressed for church, especially Nathan in his vest, tie and seersucker pants. Yes, these pants happen to be the same ones he wore last Easter, although I will admit that they were too big for him last year. I think I had to pin both sides with safety pins to keep them from falling down. This year they fit perfectly. Hopefully next year they will just be a fond memory!



2. Nathan was also teething yesterday and ended up running a high fever in the afternoon. He has cut tooth #8 on the bottom right side. Brian also said it looked like one of his bottom molars was blanching the gums, so who know when it may make its appearance. But the downside of all this is that our plans for having Easter dinner with the O'Neals and the Majors had to be revised. Brian went for the first part of the gathering while Nathan and I hung around outside, then we switched and I headed over for some ham and some company.


3. Nathan's first Easter Basket! A big thanks to Aunt Karen for all the great books to add to our library! And also to cousin Tim and cousin-ette Laurie for the chocolate Easter Bunny! (cousin-ette is Brian's terms... Tim is Brian's third cousin on his mother's side who also happen to be a resident at Wake Forest) I added the empty Easter eggs for decorative effect, although Nathan has enjoyed trying to open and close them. I guess I'm going to have to put a little more effort next year, but thanks to those who took up the slack this year!

1 comment:

  1. Precious! I especially love the smiles on that 2nd picture!

    ReplyDelete