Friday, November 4, 2011

This and That

Nathan had his two year check up this week, and I'm happy to report that he continues to grow!  Once again, he's not only gained weight and grown taller, he's moved up in the percentiles.  Here are the latest stats:

Height: 33.5 inches, 31% (up from 32 inches at 18 months)
Weight: 27.0 lb., 37% (up from the 25.5lb and 25% at 21 months)
Head Circumference: 19.5 in, 73%

Nathan has also punched through some more new teeth, two canines on the bottom!  Hmmm, maybe that’s why he kept waking up during the night earlier this week!

I meant to do some kind of birthday post last Saturday, but Nathan and I ended up having a full day, with a friend’s birthday party in the morning, running errands all afternoon and lots of time spent outside (because he LOVES to be outside and the weather was nice, though a little cold).  Then, after Nathan went to bed, I watched the Tennessee game and made headbands/bows for our little girl until way too late… meaning I just never got around to writing any happy birthday message.  Oh well!

In other news,  I didn't have the energy or motivation to do a costume for Nathan this Halloween, and neither Brian nor I were that gung-ho about taking him trick-or-treating… so no cute Halloween pictures to share.  This may be the last year that we can get away with that!  But I do have some pictures from a hayride that Nathan and I went a few weeks ago as some fall-themed pictures to include!  (Just a few days late on that “Happy Halloween”!)
IMG_6008-1 
IMG_6044-1
Nathan wasn’t feeling too picture-cooperative that day, and this was the best smile that I got out of him!

IMG_6018-1
Of course, Nathan had to spend some time inspecting the tractor that pulled the wagon for the hayride.

IMG_6041-1
Nathan’s giving our playgroup buddy a high-five.  These boys get along so well and I’m so thankful for the great support system that our playgroup is this year!

IMG_6046-1
 I’m so glad I was able to capture this expression of Nathan’s on camera.  He makes this expression all the time with me and Princess (and with anyone he’s about to love on)… he gets this big, goofy grin on his face and hunches over and takes little, stomping steps towards the person/animal before hugging/loving on them.  It sounds goofy… it is goofy… but its just so sweet because Nathan is such an affectionate little kid!

IMG_6055-1
A fun fall outing for Mommy and Nathan!

1 comment:

  1. Some great pics and love the story line. Thanks for posting. Gran

    ReplyDelete