Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Trip to Lowe's and A Growing Girl!

Carroll kept Sarah the other night while Brian, Nathan and I headed to Lowe's to pick up some supplies for a little home project. Nathan had a blast "driving" the racecar cart he picked out (too bad it wasn't as easy for Brian and I to steer that gargantuan cart!) And one of Nathan's new favorite things to do is to direct us with his declarations of "This way! That way!"



I also was pretty amused as I followed Brian and Nathan down the aisle, watching Nathan mimic Brian's hands-behind-the-back posture.  He is so observant and loves to copy EXACTLY what the adults around him are doing!


And for a Sarah update: her right eye started looking gunky yesterday (and I think it had been more watery then the other since she was born), so I called for an appointment with the pediatrician just in case it was an eye infection like Nathan had two weeks ago. When we went in, Dr. Becky said it was most likely a blocked tear duct but gave us some medicine since we were going into the holiday weekend. The good news was that when they weighed Sarah, she was 8lb 5oz. So she gained 13 oz in the past week, almost 2oz a day! She'll be out of her newborn clothes soon if she keeps going at this rate! And because she was growing so well, Dr. Becky told me that I didn't need to come back until she was 1 month old, so I got to cancel the check up we had scheduled for next week and we'll see the doctor again in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment