You've seen this picture before. We took it right after church, which was an adventure in a of itself because there was no KFC (kid's church) due to Easter. I think I was up and back from our pew to the nursery about three times, ending up with me and both kiddos hanging out in the nursery until services were over. Then we rushed home and Nathan did NOT want to take a picture. But now I feel like I can really call myself a parent now that we have a "crying kid" family photo to hang on the wall!
Fortunately, things took a turn for the better after I took Nathan into the house and explained that the Easter bunny had brought him Easter eggs with candy inside. They were just hidden in the back yard and would he want to get his basket and come find them? This all being done as the Easter Bunny/Daddy was hiding the eggs in the back yard. A whopping eight total eggs, so we were able to capture the whole thing on video:
But I'm sure that Nathan's favorite part was the candy inside. This kid has barely had any candy in his life up until this point, and the Easter Bunny scored big points with the kisses...
...and Mike and Ike.
Chocolate always seems to leave a tell-tale mark on Nathan's face!
The rest of the day was a whirl wind: eating lunch, packing the cars to make the trip to Knoxville, the car ride with two tired and angry kids who hardly slept, Nana working her magic in the backseat to keep everyone mostly entertained for most of the trip, ending up locked out of Nana's house when we finally got there - but thankfully we were OUT of the car, so both kids were in much better moods. I have to say, I will never plan another day similar to Easter 2012!








From Aunt Karen: I love the creative Easter Bunny at your house. I laughed out loud when I saw the eggs. I do love the one on top of the ball. I see Nathan was picking those Ike & Mikes out of his teeth. Wonder what PawPaw would say...ha Nice video. Love to all!
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie for the good post! I don't know the Mike & Ike reference though. Gran
ReplyDelete