Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nathan-isms

It better be dinner or yunch?
(I think this is Nathan's way of figuring out what time in the day it is.  He's asking if our next meal will be dinner or lunch.  I usually respond with "What do you think?" or "You tell me!" and he gets it right most of the time)

Mommy, I not talking to you, I talking to Sarah.
(Oh? Excuse me!)

Mommy (please) leave.
(Usually when he and Sarah are playing together in his room.  And usually I have to prompt him for the "please".  But this request suits me just fine, I'll go read a book or do one of the hundred things on my "to do" list!)

Mommy, I like Sarah.
(Love this one!)

What you talk-ing about?
(This annoys me to no end.  I'll ask or tell him to do something, and he acts like he doesn't understand me, but I know he understands just fine!)

Mommy, I not call for you!
(We've been having lots of trouble with Nathan calling for us during the night.  He likes to come into my room in the morning and proclaim that he didn't call for us in the night, but usually that was not the case.)

We need to jack this down, Daddy, I think. I go get two hammers to jack this down... (Once he has his hammers) I have two jackers!
(There was discussion of using a jackhammer to work on the driveway.)

I want to go some where.  Please?  That make me happy!
(Always, always, he wants to go somewhere.)

This finger has long trim nail on it.
(When he has a long or torn fingernail or hang nail that we need to trim.)

Goodbye Cookie Monster (underwear)... Goodbye Diego (underwear)... Goodbye puppydog shirt... etc.
(When he is helping me load the washing machine, he likes to tell each of his clothes good-bye.)

It better be two sevens.
(In the mornings, he likes to climb into bed with me/us.  But he doesn't want to get out of bed until the clock has two sevens on it, ie. 7:17, 7:27.  It doesn't matter the middle number, just that there are two sevens on the clock.)

Anything.
(Definition: something or nothing or anything.  For example: "Nathan what shoes do you want to wear today?"  "Anything" Meaning, any of them.  Or: "Nathan do you want a muffin or graham cracker for snack?" "Anything" Meaning, nothing.)

Buckle my shoe, buckle my shoe...
(Just some song lyrics that he sang on repeat a while back.)

Won’t by nonie...
('Won't my mommy' be so proud of me... from Bumble Bee song)

Red stop, green go. Blue stop, purple go. Green stop, red go.
(He says this in the car at stoplights and also likes to say and act this out while going potty.  He does know that red=stop and green=go)

My fishy oil cough me.
(We've started to take fish oil supplements some mornings, and occasionally he will swallow wrong and it will choke him, making him cough.)

Mommy, you hurt your toe or your knee?  Your right toe or left toe?
(Whenever I bump something or say "ow", he must determine the exact location of the injury.)

2 comments:

  1. From Aunt Karen: this is too cute. My favorite is wanting to "jack" something down. At least he doesn't want to jack someone UP. Then you have a problem. Oh I want to come to visit. Any news on the upcoming g'day celebrations? Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawpaw saw this first tonight! I'm so glad you're documenting these! Gran

    ReplyDelete