That's what Nathan said all night as he pointed to his Halloween outfit!
Nathan's first celebration of Halloween was a great success, with an wonderful costume (thanks to Nana's sewing skills and some last minute scrambling by Mommy to get the name tag and logo done correctly), nice weather and good friends to share the experience with.
Imagination Movers is a show on Disney Jr that we discovered though a DVD at the library. Nathan randomly grabbed it one day (I was on the search for some movie or show that would catch his interest to have for car rides) and it was love at first watch. One of the characters has "Wobble Goggles", which are glasses that helps him see special things (sound waves, through walls, etc.), so this summer when I bought Nathan some goggles for the pool, they quickly became his "Water/Wobble Goggles".
Sarah wore her new ladybug dress with her coincidentally matching coat, so I made both of us lady bug antenna to wear. Her's lasted through the first house, while I kept mine on a little longer. No pictures of me, though!
We went to maybe 20 houses, but had to walk a ways between houses until we got to the main street in our neighborhood, so it was lots of in and out of the stroller for the kids.
Clark was our buddy for the night, who went as a jelly fish. His costume was definitely the most popular with the adults handing out candy!
Nathan did a great job going up to stranger's houses, always remembering to say "Thank you" for the candy, but he kept having to be reminded to say "Trick-or-Treat". He was even brave when one man came to the door in a light-up astronaut helmet, kind of scary for a three-year old!
Sarah was a little bit of a handful during the night, with Daddy carrying her a lot because she didn't want to be cooped up in the stroller. But once we stopped trick-or-treating around 7:00, Meg loaned Sarah her hat (Mommy had a big "fail" on bringing enough warm clothes!) and she snuggled down and fell right to sleep for the walk back to Clark's house.
Mommy and Daddy let Nathan keep all the candy he got on Halloween, picking one piece to enjoy after lunches and dinners if he ate a good meal. The first few nights he also spent lots of time examining all the different pieces of candy - "Mommy, don't put my bucket away. I want to look at my candy. I want to hold my candy." He also decided that he didn't like Reeses cups and voluntarily shared his two with Mommy and Daddy. Lest you think we rigged this, we told him before hand how yummy they were and they were some of Mommy and Daddy's favorite candy! But I think this could work out well for years to come!
So our first time to celebrate Halloween with the kids - success!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago











From Aunt Karen: The costumes are adorable and Nathan looks so cool! I hope he'll share his DVD with me as I'm clueless about Imagination Movers! Good work, Carroll and Katie. Sarah is so darn cute in her lady bug antennae. Hey, that jelly fish costume is amazing. I knew right away what it was. Glad it was such a fun night. Nathan likes choc and peanut butter but not together?? Lucky you and Brian! Love to all. See you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete