Tuesday was Nathan's first sick day. He started acting lethargic around 8:30, and after going back and forth in my mind whether I should keep him home, I finally asked him if he felt sick and wanted to stay home or if he wanted to go to school. He chose to go to school and acted completely normal during drop-off. But then my phone rang at 9:40 and my instincts were confirmed - his teacher was calling for me to pick him up from school. When I got there, I could just tell by his face that he really felt crummy. We made it home and I was rocking him on the loveseat when he asked me to carry him into the bathroom for him to go potty. Thankfully we made it in before all the contents of his stomach covered both of us. Two naps and about 5 hours later, Nathan was almost back to his normal self. Thankfully it was a very short-lived bug and, so far, no one else has come down sick.
Fast forward to preschool drop-off this morning. It was the first time that Nathan didn't demand that I carry him to his class room. Instead as we got close, he took off sprinting down the hall and into the arms of his teacher. "I"m all better!" he exclaimed as he gave her a great big hug! Then he walked into the classroom, turned around to give me a handshake and told me "I'll see you in a few minutes. Bye Mommy!" I'm so glad he loves preschool!
PS. I have worlds of pictures and stories to put on the blog that I've just been procrastinating on. Hopefully I will find some motivation soon to get through them all and get posts published!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




So glad he felt better pretty quickly! Looking forward to more pics...even without a neat story! lol
ReplyDeleteGranFran
From Aunt Karen: Poor Nathan. So thankful his bug left as quickly as it came. So cute that he was excited to show the teacher that he was all better. What really cracked me up was the hand shake! That boy is so funny. "Hey, guys!" That still makes me laugh. Love to all. Jerky is on it's way as soon as I get to the P.O. tomorrow.
ReplyDelete