Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Memory Verses: March 2013

Nathan has tremendously impressed me with how well he's been able to memorize verses and how cooperative he is with reciting them (most of the time). He just soaks it up like a sponge!  Here are the verses he currently can recite from memory:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."  Genesis 1:1

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

This last one he's been working on for a little over a week, and Brian though it might be too confusing for him, but already he's almost got it down!  I know its kind of a random verse to pick, but I like how the verse emphasizes the "love one another" and I thought this would be helpful since I am fussing at him daily to be kind to Sarah.  So I thought that I could use this verse to help him know WHY its important to be kind and gentle - because the Bible says that we should "love one another"!



Next up, for Easter:
"The angel said to the woman, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.'" Matt 28:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment