Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This and That

The kids ask to have frosted mini wheats for breakfast EVERY MORNING.  Sarah usually also eats half a piece of cinnamon toast and Nathan also wants one occasionally.  And prunes are a mandatory breakfast item in this house!  Saturday mornings I've started the tradition of making homemade buttermilk biscuits for breakfast.  Somehow Nathan would always know it was "big-etts" day, possibly because its the day Daddy would still be in bed when he came in for his morning cuddle (ie. iphone time while Mommy and Daddy snooze). 

I made hummus last week and it was a huge hit with both kids!  Nathan and I were chomping down on baby carrots dipped in hummus and Sarah was picking it up and eating it with her fingers! So I got her a bowl and spoon and Nathan quickly requested one as well!  The kids and I devoured my first batch in about three days (I don't think Brian even got a taste), so the I made a double batch and I think we're on track for it to last about a week.  I think Sarah would eat hummus with a spoon for every meal if I would let her!

After we came back from Knoxville, it was time to get the derma-bond out of Nathan's eyebrow.  It was not a fun night when Brian and I had to hold Nathan down so Brian could cut it out.  And now Nathan has half an eyebrow on that side. Hopefully it will grow back in soon!

This is how Sarah always greets Princess:


Nathan's decided his favorite color is blue, but he is still an equal opportunity color-lover.  He told me the other day "Dark blue and light blue are my favorite colors, but I like different colors too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment