Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jonah and the Big Fish

One of Nathan's favorite Bible stories is "Jonah and the Big Fish".  Last month after leaving the kids with a babysitter for our 80's Roller Skate Night, the babysitter mentioned to us that Nathan "read" the story of Jonah to her.  She said she especially loved hearing him say "Nineveh"!  We were impressed and surprised since we didn't know that he had the whole thing memorized.  So the next day we got him to "read" it to us, and then the next week Brian was able to record it.  And now I've finally got it captioned and posted to share!  I was even more impressed when I was working on the captions because he only missed two phrases from the story and messed one up (God telling the fish to go to Nineveh).

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

3 comments:

  1. That was SO good! And great that you did the captions. Love, Gran & PawPaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Karen: Hooray for Nathan! We are so proud of Nathan! What a big boy he is! He is truly an amazing child. (I'm thinking that God's message to Jonah can be used on him if he misbehaves. ha) I love how Sarah and Princess were also in the picture although briefly. It was a family affair. Please tell Nathan we loved his story. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to recall a little girl named Katie who could similarly "read" the entire book "Little Black Sambo".
    I think Jonah and the Fish is a better story for little children to read!
    PawPaw

    ReplyDelete