Before we left for Boston, here's the list that I had of her words:
date (the fruit, which she loves)
car
tent
diaper
*bubbles
*uh-oh
bee
*ba-ba / ma-ma
*duck
moo
*Daddy
*ah or eh (her "yes")
Lots of these she would only say occasionally after prompting, the starred ones were her favorites that she would spontaneously verbalize.
In the five days we were gone to Boston, I'm not sure what Nana and Grand Dad did with her or fed to her, but WOW! Here's a (partial) list of her new words she's learned in the past week:
- key (we were getting ready to go to the park today and I was looking for my keys, and she walked in with them saying "key, key, key!")
- cat & meow
- up (She uses the word "up" for when she wants up OR down, so I'm working with her to say "down", which should be less confusing for Mommy and Daddy)
- out (sigh, flashback to Nathan in the car)
- hot (pronounced on any food item that is remotely warm, then requires multiple reassurances that the food is not hot but ok to eat)
- book
- baby
- eat (replacing her sign)
- Nana (Sarah still thinks about Nana all the time! Now I respond multiple times a day with "Yes, we love Nana and Nana had to go bye-bye to go back to Nana's house.")
- No-no (This week started out with one "no", but now its progressed to the double. When this girl says "no", she means "no"... well, except when she doesn't!)
- splash
- bug
- bye-bye (she may have had this one before, can't remember)
- bow (she's constantly checking for a bow in her hair, then exclaims when she does OR does not find one there!)
- ball
- Bible
- star
- boon (balloon)




No comments:
Post a Comment