Thursday, October 24, 2013

New Photo Banner - What!?!?

Well after a year I finally bowed to (my internal) pressure and decided to spend some time making a new banner for the blog.  Almost three hours later I'm finally done.  I hadn't realized until I started (except probably subconsciously) that the Picasa program I previously used to create my collages was canned by Google in the past year.  So I was searching online for a new free program to use this morning when Brian said "What are you doing!?!  You have Photoshop - use that!"  Yep, he bought me Photoshop Elements for Christmas last year (or maybe my birthday) but there is a seriously steep learning curve that that bad boy, which is why it ended up taking me all afternoon to create a collage that was almost up to my standards.  But I did take notes, so the process should go much faster in a few months (next year??) when I finally get around to updating the banner again!  And maybe this year for Christmas I'll ask him to pay for some online classes or something so I can actually learn to use Photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment