Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Days of Our Lives (Sept 29 - Oct 5)

Post #2 for our September schedule is coming, but I thought I'd go ahead and post last weeks' schedule to try and not fall behind! 
  • Sunday - Nathan was sick with a cold so he stayed in big church while Sarah and I did Jr Worship.  No small groups, so after long naps for kids we went on the T to the Aquarium stop to eat at Legal Seafoods (a recommended local chain).  Nathan wanted to go to the aquarium even though it was almost closing time but since we had a membership we decided to do it.  We got to see a few new things: the penguins were being sprayed with sprinklers and loving it, then we watched the sea lions playing very energetic in their tank.  Unfortunately we found out then that the wait for Legal Seafoods was super long so went to the Granary Tavern for garlic chips and dip, chicken and waffles, fish and chips. 
  • Monday -The kids and I went two stops out of town on the Green Line to a new park to meet A and E and some new playgroup friends of theirs.  The other moms seem very nice and I'm definitely going to join!  Saw our first beautiful fall tree so we all stopped and collected leaves.  In the afternoon we went out at 4:30 to walk some pants to the dry cleaners and a package to the post office and met Daddy coming home!  Fire roasted tomato soup and leftover homemade focaccia bread for dinner.

  • Tuesday - Errand day.  Our road was being repaved so our car almost got stuck in the parking lot, however the nice construction worker sent us down the wrong way on our street to avoid the huge paver machine (we got to see it from afar though).  Went to Michaels, the mall, and the grocery store.  No nap for Nathan again.  Spent the afternoon working on the kids' closet, pulling down and sorting winter clothes.  Ham and cheese sliders for dinner.
  • Wednesday - Spent part of the morning organizing/purging/cleaning the toy room to prepare for Nana and Granddad's arrival.  Then off the Children's Museum, conditional upon Nathan participating in an MIT study for 3 and 4 year olds that he hadn't wanted to do before (yes, I had to blackmail him slightly).  It turned out to be a study to see if he could determining cause and effect in some videos and he got all the answers right.  It was a beautiful day, 79 degrees and no clouds as we sat on the wharf and ate lunch.  In the afternoon we took a quick trip to the park.  This was our "parade" that day - Nathan wanted to ride his scooter and Sarah on her "new" tricycle that she just learned how to pedal.  After half a block Nathan decided he wanted to turn around and trade the scooter for his trike.  Homemade pizza for dinner.

  • Thursday - Took videos of the kids "reading" their favorite books before heading to the library for storytime.  I finally convinced Nathan to pick out non-board books by telling him he could check out "as many as he wants" then I had to go back on my word because we had to carry all the books back home.  Another no-nap day for Nathan, then in the afternoon I made curtains for the french doors on the "guest room".  Brian home for a dinner of fried pork with rice and milk gravy.  He felt terrible (most likely a little anxiety about his big lecture scheduled for the next morning), so napped from after dinner until after 8pm, then he was up most of the night working on his lecture.  I purged some more junk out of the toy/guest room. 
  • Friday - Crazy, crazy morning.  I had planned to take the kids to a dry harvested cranberry bog in the morning, but unfortunately got locked out of the apartment when Nathan pulled the door closed before I had grabbed my backpack with keys and wallet in it.  After racking my brain trying to figure out how to get back in, and possibly giving the door a little kick out of frustration, we started walking to Brian's work (the stroller was also locked inside the apartment - THANKFULLY I did have my phone in my back pocket!).  The 1.1 mile walk took me and the kids about 40 minutes, almost twice as long as it takes Daddy to walk it.  Then waited in the hospital lobby for a while before Brian could leave the OR and bring his keys and T card to me.  Took the bus home (hooray!) then since it looked like it was going rain (rain = no dry harvesting of cranberries), we ran other errands.  Brian's talk went great and we went out for sushi & chicken teriyaki for dinner.
  • Saturday -  A morning of cleaning the apartment before Grand Dad and Nana arrived.  Nathan and Sarah were SO excited to see them (as were Brian and I of course).  Walked to Cutty's for lunch - Roast Beef 1000 sandwiches all around!  After nap we took the T downtown.  Due to a Red Socks game the D line was extremely crowded, so we walked a little farther and caught the E line for the first time.  Walked through Haymarket and bought some produce and then went to Fanuiel Hall for dinner (clam chowder, pizza and souvlaki wrap).

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! Someday I'd love to read the specifics of riding the T...do you have a family pass? Do you or the kids swipe something at boarding? On a slow week, if you have one, a video of that would be nice. Just a thought. MimiGranMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Karen: love your crazy busy and fun life! I hope the children will remember some of the fun they are having. If not, it's all wonderfully documented for them. I'm so happy that David and Carroll are there. No surprise the children were thrilled to see them. Have fun this week. Please give them all my love.

    ReplyDelete