Sarah
"Mommy, I want go trick-or-treating!" (Sarah asks at least once a week. I tell her that we will once we move to Knoxville and after Nathan turns 5. [eek! 5!] I also mention that some of the grandparents might go with us...)
Sarah
went through a phase where she did a lot of talking with her hands. She'll put one finger up when she's saying something
important. She also shruggs her shoulders a lot. And she'll throw up both hands in the "I don't know" gesture.
Earlier in the month she started the "why?" phase. Brian and I agreed that Nathan never went through that phase of constantly asking why. Amazingly it only lasted 3-4 days, but ever after such a short time my patience was being sorely tested.
Sarah
was cuddling with Daddy while he was working on his computer, and this was their conversation:
Sarah: What you
doing Daddy?
Brian: Scrolling through a web page.
Sarah: You looking for Abanties? (Avantis are Daddy's favorite cars, he has a project car waiting in Knoxville that he's eagerly anticipating working on.)
Brian: No... what do you like about abanties?
Sarah: I like blue avantis,
white abanits, green abanits, white abanites, red...
Sarah calls granola bars "ka-mo-a baas". For a LONG time Brian and I could not understand what she was saying and would forget day-to-day that these were her words for granola bars. It made for some frustrating weeks, but now we've finally got it decoded.
Sarah told me she wanted to put on her Tigger "alphabet" the other day.
Sarah was running down the hall and I called to her "Sarah!" She ran back and said "Why you say Sa-rah?!"
Nathan
When Daddy's home, its his job to take Nathan to the potty right before we go to bed. Sometimes he takes this opportunity to mess with sleepy Nathan. "Nathan, do you want to play the snake game?" or "Want to play hide and seek? What do you want me to count to?" or "Nathan, want to go for a ride on the T?"
Whenever Nathan calls out in the middle of the night and Daddy goes in to check on him, he always comments "You're not Mommy!"
Nathan is starting to respond to our questions with an exasperated "you know!" a lot. For example:
Daddy: Nathan, what did you do today?
Nathan: You know! (even if Daddy was gone to work that day).
Mommy: Nathan, what do you want to say "thank you God" for?
Nathan: A good day.
Mommy: Can you tell me something specific?
Nathan: Mommy, you know!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




From Aunt Karen: Sarah is doing her PawPaw's salute when she shrugs her shoulders! Ha!
ReplyDelete