Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Sweet Bedtime Sentiments

These past three night I've been on my own with the kids at bedtime.  Sunday night Brian was in Chicago preparing for his oral boards, Monday night he was traveling home and tonight he's on call.  Nighttime is my least favorite time of the day to be on my own with the kiddos because we're all tired, my patience is wearing very thin, I'm ready to be "off duty" for the night, and one or both of the kids is likely to have meltdown(s) sometime between dinner and lights off.

BUT these past few weeks the kids have been giving me the sweetest good-nights...

Mommy, I love you so much!

Mommy, I want you to sleep with me. 

Mommy, you're my sweetest mommy in the whole world!

Mommy, you're my best mommy ever!

And with sweet bedtime sentiments like that, I am almost overcome with the need to snuggle with them one more time before I close that door.  Almost...

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to bed chuckling with that last "Almost..." Gran

    ReplyDelete