Friday, May 30, 2014

Brookline Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony

We are so thrilled that Gran and Pawpaw are visiting us this week.  I have tons of pictures to share, but here's a special one. But first, the back story...

On Memorial Day morning, we had initially planned to head to the Public Garden early and ride the swan boats, but the rainy and overcast start to the day put that plan on hold. This was fortuitous since around 11 I heard music outside our window and peeked out to see a parade going right by our building!


I quickly called everyone to the window to watch the (short) parade, then everyone rushed to get dressed and put shoes on so we could walk up to the Veteran’s Memorial, where I suspected there was going to be a Memorial Day ceremony. I was right!  To their great delight, the kids were given some small flags, which Sarah especially enjoyed waving enthusiastically whenever there was applause.  There was also a local photographer who was taking pictures of the ceremony and the observers, but when they stopped and asked Brian for his name after the ceremony was over, we though we might have some soon-to-be celebrities in our midst.  And we were right!

Brian Kornrumpf and his son Nathan, of Brookline, attend Brookline's annual Memorial Day ceremony, May 26, 2014. Wicked Local staff photo / Kate Flock

Here's the link to the original page.  How fun!

1 comment:

  1. From Aunt Karen: wow, that is so cool! Love that Nathan is carrying a flag.

    ReplyDelete