After much debate, Brian and I decided to spend this week's vacation in New York City!! We drove down on Saturday and are staying through Thursday morning, so 5 night total. As expected, I've already shot hundreds and hundreds of pictures and I haven't had the energy in the evenings to even start going through them, so who knows when they'll ever get posted. But thankfully I was inspired this morning by Nathan's phone conversations with family, as he talked about the highlights of our trip so far (according to him). So after he hung up the phone, I recruited both kids to help with with daily recap videos of our trip.
So here's "Day 1", which was our first full day in the city (yesterday).
And here's the recap from this afternoon for Day 2.
Next is us on the rowboat today in Central Park. Even before we got on the boat, Sarah was saying "I wanna do that!", with "that" being the oars on the boat. So after Brian expertly rowed us away from the crowded launching point and into the main part of the lake, he handed the oars over to the kids. Nathan was just beaming ear to ear as he worked the oar, while Sarah was very intensely concentrating on her task. Nathan also told me "Do you know how I know how to row? I watched the people rowing the other day (on the Charles River in Boston) and that's how I learned how to row!" And to my surprise I really think he understood the concept of rowing (though I guess he also had just watched Daddy's technique) and was working his hardest to replicate the motion. We ended up spending almost 1:30 on the lake, most of it either with the kids rowing or begging to row again. So much fun and one of my favorite memories so far from our trip!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




Oh boy! They are going to love coming to PawPaw and Gran's then--when we get the dock that is. I think swimming lessons are in order first, followed by lots of supervision always--at our lake that is. Thanks for sharing your adventures! Gran
ReplyDelete