Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fun with Gran

This week its been wonderful having my mom (Gran) up from Georgia for a visit. She arrived Monday afternoon while Nathan was napping, but after he got up we wasted no time and decided to go for a walk. We got Nathan in the stroller and started down the street and realized how COLD it was with the wind, so turned around before we got to the end of our short street and quickly retreated back into the house. 

Tuesday was a busy day! After Nathan’s second nap, we went out shopping for clothes for Nathan and visited a nursery to look for plants (it was sad - all run down and over grown, the man and woman working there must have been in their eighties and just couldn't keep the whole place up anymore).  I also went out on my own - Brian had given me a gift card for a massage almost a year and a half ago, and I finally used it.  It was wonderful, so relaxing!!  Then Gran, Nathan and I went out again to run some more errands before heading back home for the night.

Nathan was happy to hang out with Gran while Mom was getting a massage!

Wednesday started wonderfully - Nathan woke up around 7 and I brought him into bed with me while I tried to wake up, but then Gran came up and took him and I got another whole hour of sleep! It was fantastic! Wednesday was supposed to have the nicest weather of the whole week, so we decided to go visit Tanglewood park after Nathan's morning nap.  Our first stop was at the gardens and arboretium.  I put Nathan in the carrier and off we were to explore the gardens and the trails. 

Ready for our walk.

Such a happy boy!!

There weren't many flowers to see, too early in the season.  But we did find a cool path through the woods that ended in a field.  When Nathan is older, maybe next summer, I can see us coming with a picnic lunch and letting him run all over the field playing with a beach ball (Gran's great idea)!  By the time we finished all our exploring, Nathan was getting sleepy again.  We packed him back into the car and he fell asleep as we drove around the rest of Tanglewood, checking out the playgrounds and all the back roads, then headed home. 

Just because he's cute...

We were super surprised that evening when Brian got home EARLY from the hospital!!  So we all ran outside so that Gran could take some family pictures.  Here are the best few!

More about the visit in a later post...

No comments:

Post a Comment