Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bye Bye Cast!

As of yesterday, it has been 5 weeks since Nathan broke his arm.  It was also the day we were told to take his second cast off.  Dr. Brian decided that we could jump the gun a little and take it off on Saturday since we were all excited about getting rid of it!

I took a video of the process and was hoping to find some free software that would allow me to speed it up before I posted (you know, one of those time lapse videos - since 30 seconds of cast removal is WAY better then 5 minutes of it), but since I haven't had any luck yet, I decided not to let it delay me anymore. So you have my encouragement to skip through the video rather then watching is straight through!
Daddy hard at work while Nathan supervises.



Nathan has some red marks on his arm left over from the sleeve used under his first cast, and, of course, his skin needed some major cleaning and lotion!  But here he is, cast free!

In the three days since the cast removal, Nathan periodically stops and rubs gently on the skin of his arm.  I take it that he still can't believe the wretched thing is really off!  Then at church on Sunday, whenever people would ask Nathan about his cast, he would point to his arm and show them that it was gone.



* * * * * * *
A year ago I shared some cute pictures of Nathan in his snow suit and with his rattle. We were so impressed with how Nathan would kick his legs and shake his rattle when we put it in his hand!

1 comment: