I see on other blogs the idea about photo-documenting your days once a month, taking the same number of photos as that day's date. So if you did it on the 5th of each month, you'd take 5 pictures that day, etc. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but never remember until about halfway through the month and by then its usually way too many pictures for me to want to tackle. But I finally realized, all I really need to do is think of grabbing my camera earlyish in the morning and snap some pictures documenting the day. So that's what I did last week. Here's a peek into some of what we do during the day.
Flossing! I'm sure Pawpaw is so proud.
As a "reward" for brushing his teeth in the morning, Nathan gets a piece of floss. He really likes this kind we get from our dentist that tastes really "minty fresh", which is great because it always gets stuck between my teeth and I hate it.
Nathan's new-found love of flossing has also gotten me flossing much more regularly, which is always a good thing!
When we sweep around the table, Nathan loves the job of moving all the chairs so that Mommy can sweep under the table. One day a few weeks ago I circled the chairs and threw a blanket over it to make a fort. Since then, whenever he moves the chairs for sweeping, he always pushes them all together and plays in the middle.
I love this one! Nathan has always loved this toy and now Sarah enjoys it too. But whenever Nathan informs me that Sarah wants to play with it, "Na-Na lay down next Sarah". So after he lies down, I scoot the two of them close together and position the toy above them. But then he would get irritated when Sarah's arms would flail and hit him. So I suggested that he hold her hand. And so that's what he always does now!
Holding hands. Awwwww!
Helping Mommy hang a picture frame in Sarah's room (yes, he's using a toy hammer to put a screw in the wall.)
Nathan proudly wearing his backpack full of toy cars, on his way downstairs. He's actually admiring his reflection in the oven in this photo.
And once we're downstairs, all the cars get meticulously lined up on the slide's landing.
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment