Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Family Evening

As dinner winds up most evenings, Nathan is ready to be done and out of his high chair before Brian and I are quite finished eating. So we wash him up and get him down, after which he immediately begins asking "Daddy build house Na-Na. Mommy build house Na-Na." Our standard answer is after Daddy and Mommy finish eating and clean up the table.

After we get the table cleared, I usually shoo Brian off with both kiddos to Nathan's room while I finish cleaning up the kitchen. Then, depending on how tired Sarah is, I either put her straight to bed or I'll hang out with the three of them in Nathan's room.

This past week, I walked into his room and saw this pretty incredible tower that Nathan was designing and building (Brian only helped getting the big block properly positioned on the bottom supports). I hurried back to the kitchen to grab the camera, and ended up photographing the whole evening.





The tower fell right after I took this photo.  But Nathan wasn't too upset as he had this fun to get in on:


By the time it was my turn to get a picture with Sarah, she decided that she would try to eat my face so I would understand how hungry she was! So it was off to bed with her and the end of an enjoyable evening with the family.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing builds! And what fun to see Sarah laughing! And a beautiful mommy and handsome daddy. Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Karen: This time tomorrow I'll be on my way there! Oh, what fun it is to see all the fun going on after dinner during family time. Sweet Sarah giving her Mom a kiss. Love the picturs of Sarah and Nathan with Brian. Everyone looks so happy. It warms my heart. Love to all. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete