As soon as I woke up on Monday morning I could tell that there was snow on the ground because it was so bright in my room. I was super excited that Nathan would have the chance to play in it this year! Nathan was excited too when he looked out his window and saw the snow. We were bundled up and ready to go out as soon as Sarah was down for her first morning nap, around 9:00.
As I crunched my way into the back yard, and I could immediately that Nathan was hesitant about walking in the snow. He got out and walked around in it for a while, touching the snow and figuring it all out, then he decided to retreat to the sidewalk, where he would brush off all particles of snow that clung to his boots. Silly goose! ("That Aunt Karen say!")
Here's the other great self-portrait I was able to get with Nathan!
I showed Nathan how to make a snowball, handing some to him to play with and throwing a few at him as well. He kept asking for "more" that he would toss away or break apart in his hands, but he was not interested in making any for himself.
After a while, we headed out front and across the street to tromp through Becky's yard. Then we headed over to say hi to our neighbor "Nee-a" (Juanita). The we returned to the back yard for some snow eating. (Warning - not the most action-packed video)
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment