Two weeks ago at playgroup, one of the other moms was talking about how her little girl (6 or 8 weeks older then Sarah) wasn't rolling over yet even though she was on her belly lots while she was awake. This made me realize that I never was giving Sarah tummy time while she was awake! Although she always sleeps on her tummy, I would always put her in the swing, or jumper, or prop her up in the corner of the couch when she was up.
The next day I gave Sarah LOTS of tummy time. Then on Saturday morning (16 weeks and 1 day) Sarah woke up with lots of fussing, and I walked in to find her on her back!! She had rolled over for the first time! I picked her up and set her down on the floor, and she immediately rolled over again! Since then I have found her asleep on her back once or twice (so thankful that at least sometimes she can roll over and remain asleep), and she has rolled during tummy time a few times.
I think Sarah's sleep cycles have also been changing over the past week or so. Instead of always having nap lengths of one, two or three hours (almost exactly to the minute!), she's now waking sometimes at the 40 minute mark. She has not been waking up during the night like Nathan did (thank you again God!!), although these past few days she's been getting up at the super-early time of 6:30 or 6:45 (yes, I'm being sarcastic about the "super-early" part). I'm continually amazed at how easy I find having an infant if that infant actually sleeps well!
I also keep forgetting to record in these posts some of Sarah's cute mannerisms while nursing. For a long time, Sarah has been running her upper hand back and forth across my shirt while she eats, most often when I'm nursing her to sleep. But more often these days she tries to suck her thumb at the same time she's nursing, which doesn't work at all, so I have to hold onto that upper hand to keep it out of her mouth!
Super cute picture! Gran
ReplyDelete