Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sarah: 19 Weeks


Yikes! I can't believe that its been three weeks since I've taken and posted pictures of our Sarah Bear! She is now over four months old, meaning that Nathan and I got to take her to her 4 month  check-up last week, and here are her stats:
     Weight: 15lb 10oz (88%)
     Height: 25 inches (77%)
     Head: 16.5 inches (75%)

Sarah continues to sleep well during naps and at night, but I've rediscovered that she sleeps best when she's only awake for about an hour and a half at a time. When we're at home I watch the clock and usually she is just starting to yawn or rub her eyes as I'm carrying her to her room. But I think she's going through a growth spurt because for the past few days, she's been sleeping even more then usual. She slept 14 hours last night - from 6pm to 8am! She's also seemed hungrier these past few days, which is another reason I'm thinking growth spurt. Thank goodness I pulled out her 6-9 month clothes a few days ago and went shopping yesterday to fill in some holes.

Sarah's already started cradle roll at church on Sunday mornings! She has been able to sit up comfortably in her bumbo for a while, and with it being "spring forward", I knew she wouldn't need to take a nap in the middle of class. So I propped her up in the little bucket seat with a blanket and hoped for the best. When I came to get her, her teachers, Kelly and Sue Ann, said that she had done great, was interested, cheerful and gave them some happy screams (which she does ALL THE TIME these days)! Last week was cradle roll success #2 because she got up early enough to take a short nap before church, and we'll see how tomorrow pans out.

Sarah continues to love her doorway jumper. In fact, she's suffered some minor injuries due to her exuberant bouncing!
She developed little blood blisters on both her little toes last week. I'm sure it was because she started jumping barefoot due to the warmer weather, so now I'm careful to make sure she has socks on before I put her in the jumper.  She is also drooling like crazy ALL THE TIME (so I don't think she's teething), but its the worst when she's in her jumper and gnawing on the rings in front of her.  We'll pull her out and her shirt will be soaked halfway down her chest.  I've tried putting bibs on her, but since they're right in the path between thumb and mouth they end up in her mouth and sucked on.  Plus she needs a new one for every waking period, so I don't have enough to keep up!

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious and I love reading about her AND our Nathan boy. Just adore that little feet picture! Gran

    ReplyDelete