This is the first year that Nathan has really embraced playing in the leaves.
I'm not sure if its because we never encouraged it last year, or he just wasn't interested.
Well, this year he was definitely interested. And Sarah jumped in and crawled around like it was nothing.
By the end of the night, Nathan was slogging through the mountainous pile of leaves on the road outside our house, and Sarah was having fun sitting up and then throwing herself backwards into the leaf pile (and repeat, and repeat...).
But I know Brian especially is glad this is the last fall at this house with our ridiculous trees. Next year we'll get to enjoy a beautiful New England autumn without having the responsibility to rake anything!
Because last night wasn't just about having fun playing in the leaves. It was also about work...
... hard work!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago











AMAZING pictures! Precious children!
ReplyDeleteNice work Katie!
GranFran
From Aunt Karen: Great pictures and fun playing in the leaves! I would have thought that Brian would have a leaf blower. I think of him having every power tool and yard implement there was, like Joe. But look at the fun their having and the memories being made. Love to all.
ReplyDelete