Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Boy Things


Nathan and I were sweeping the sunporch during Sarah's nap and Nathan spotted a dead earwig among the trash I had in my pile.  He decided this bug was his new friend and asked me if he could pick it up.  Ignoring my squeamishness about the whole matter, and reminding myself he's a boy and I need to let him do little boy things, I agreed.  He proceeded to carry it around with him for about an hour before I decided to take a picture. 

Then, as we were about to leave the house to run errands, he told me, "Mommy, I like the bug.  It am keeping him.  I want to take him to Aldi.  Mommy, if I lose him (in the store) I will get him!"  I asked, "How will you get him?"  " In case I drop him on the floor I will run and find it!  He's a pretty nice bug!"  I did draw the line at the bug coming with us to the store and also at letting Nathan take him to bed at naptime.  I think this bug is going to be a one-day-only friend and may disappear tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I'm going to look for a special plastic bug jar (maybe an old Nutella jar) that we can poke holes in...just in case the bug is just "sleeping".
    Maybe a bug book too.
    Cool story.
    Gran

    ReplyDelete