Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sarah is 11 Months Old

 Two pearly whites on the bottom...

And there are all four!  (The other three that have come in are still too small to be really seen, but I knew I didn't have any pictures of her with her "rabbit teeth" as Daddy affectionately calls them!)

Here's what Sarah's doing now that she's eleven months old.  Its been quite a while since I've blogged about the things she's doing, so it will be a long one!
  • You are taking a few steps every day and will stand by yourself, but you are still working on the confidence and coordination for real walking.
  • Though you are consistently taking two naps, the lengths are all over the place.  Earlier in the week we were looking at two 45 minute naps, while a few weeks before, both were solidly 90 minutes long.  Mommy especially loves when you take a long morning nap on preschool days, but other days we usually are waiting on you to get up because we have somewhere to go.
  • Teething has been such an ordeal for you!  We are blowing through Tylenol in this house and it doesn't seem to hardly touch your pain.  On the beach trip we were resorting to overlapping doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofin and you were STILL in a terrible mood!  But the worst part is that your teething pain makes you cry whenever Nathan tries to play with you.  I am always so happy on the days you feel good and laugh at your brother instead!
  • You like to grab a cup and crawl around the house with it in your hand.  You make a very distinctive slide-slap sound that announces your coming.
  • You love to sign "all done", both when you actually mean it and when you just want attention.  And waving "good-bye" is usually a two-handed wave. 
  • The only other sign you consistently make is one you've made up.  You rub your hands together, mimicking Mommy when I use hand sanitizer after I change your diaper.  I guess it has become our sign for diaper change because you always do it when I set you down on your changing table.  Then we laugh together when diaper change is over and we both are rubbing our hands together.
  • You have had an appetite explosion for real food within the last two weeks.  You almost ate a whole hot dog the other night, in addition to the fruits and veggies I was also giving you.  You finally have decided you LOVE avacado after five months of spitting it out of your mouth.  Bananas are now acceptable to you as well.  However this increased interest in real food has come at the expense of nursing.  During the day you only want to nurse ten seconds to one minute for a "full" feeding, when you want to nurse at all.  You are up in the night once or sometimes twice (boo!), but thankfully you take good feedings then and during your dream feed.
  • You LOVE bath time.  When we start the water running in the tub, you scream with excitement.  
  • Oh yes, you are a screamer, just like your brother.  And he loves to join in whenever you start screaming, usually going louder, longer and higher pitched then you do.  This may drive your momma nuts!
  • You love the pink bear you sleep with!  And you love to give him kisses!  I need to come up with a name for him because I always refer to him just as "Bear" and with the male pronouns.  But I really think "Bear" deserves a girl's name!

1 comment:

  1. From Aunt Karen: I LOVE reading about Sarah and how she's grown. Her smile and teeth are adorable. I know she'll be walking confidently by the time I see her next month. I suggest Bella Bear or something simple like that; it's easy to say and understand. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete