Nathan had his two month check-up yesterday, which went pretty well. Here are Nathan's stats at a little over two months old (with percentiles): 14lb 11oz (79.5%), 23 1/2 inches long (75%) and head circumference of 16 1/4 inches (75%). So he really is living up to his nickname of "Chunky Monkey", but at least he's proportional. I think he's going to double his birth weight before the 6 month mark at the rate he's growing! Nathan also has a little bit of a flat spot on the left side of his head, so I am trying to be more deliberate about laying him down for bed with his head turned the other direction so that he ends up with a pretty, round head. The other fun part of the visit was his shots, three of them to be precise. He screamed bloody murder, but then was asleep by the time I set him down in his car seat carrier and walked down the hall in the doctor's office to the checkout desk (thank goodness!).

He continued to sleep for 3+ hours. I'm not sure if that was due to the Tylenol I gave him before the appt (Brian's opinion) or from the trauma of the shots (my guess). Anyway, for the rest of the day he was a little whiny, but otherwise ok. Today, however, the whiny-ness continued even after I had a talk with him about how "no one likes a Grumpy Gus." Unfortunately my little talk didn't do much good, as you can see from the picture. Emilee Mills spent the afternoon with Grumpy Gus and me, so it was nice to have some company that didn't cry pitifully over nothing. Now if Nathan cooperates, it will be early bedtime for all after a late night last night of gaming, blogging and talking!
No comments:
Post a Comment