Sunday, January 31, 2010

Myrtle Beach Vacation, Part 3


Nathan and I had a great time on the rest of our Myrtle Beach vacation.  On Wednesday, Gran watched Nathan while I took two shopping trips to the outlet mall about 10 minutes from where we were staying.  I got some great deals on clothes for Nathan for next winter, and also spent some of my birthday and Christmas gift money on some new clothes for me.  For the rest of the day, we just hung out in the condo.  That night we had steamed shrimp for dinner (yummy!!) and I taught Gran how to play Speed Scrabble.  Another enjoyable and relaxing day!

Thursday was our last full day at the beach and had the nicest weather of the whole time.  The high got up near 60 degrees, although with the wind it felt a little cooler then that.  During Nathan's morning nap, I went over to the excersize room and walked/ran for 30 minutes and realized that I am VERY out of shape!!  I had hoped to excercise more during the week, but vacations are for being lazy, so that's what I did instead.  After he woke up, Nathan, Gran and I went to check out the other indoor pool at the complex.  This one was bigger, deeper, less crowded and warmer then the one we had gone to on Tuesday, and Nathan was a lot more active in the pool this time around!  Here are two videos of Nathan "swimming" in the pool.



Nathan got some water in his mouth, and he's not sure he likes how it tastes!

Nathan loves the pool!

Early that afternoon, we went for a walk on the beach, excited because of the warmer weather.  Gran started out carrying Nathan, commenting on how much heavier he felt today then earlier in the week.  She passed him over to me and I agreed, but then we realized that he had fallen sound asleep in my arms!!  I guess all the morning's activities really tired him out!  So we cut our walk short to take Nathan back inside to finish his nap.  That night, we had leftovers for dinner (more yummy shrimp for me!!), and after Nathan went to bed, we played two games of Sequence and a couple rounds of Speed Scrabble. 

Nathan and I both had a wonderful time on our vacation, and it was great to spend time with my Mom and Dad and for them to see Nathan again.  He is growing up so quickly right now!!  But we were also glad to go back home and see Daddy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment