Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nathan's First Swim


Today Nathan experienced a swimming pool for the first time! Gran, Nathan and I went went out to buy swim diapers after breakfast, then we all changed into our swimsuits (and bundled up for the walk) and headed to the indoor swimming pool.  Nathan had a non-reaction to getting in the water (I guess to him its not much different then his bath), but after we stayed in for a while, he started kicking his legs some.  We spent about 30 minutes in the pool before decided to head on back to the room and get ready to go out to lunch.


The "Nathan's First Swim" video had to be cut short because I realized that I still had my watch on in the pool! 

For lunch, we went to Greg Norman's Austrailian Grill. The calamari appetizer we ordered was fantastic, but we were underwhelmed with our entrees. Oh well. And Nathan took a great nap all through lunch, since he only had about a 15 minute nap in the morning AND went swimming.

This afternoon, we hung around the condo, playing with Nathan and being lazy.  Nathan only took a quick 5-10 minute nap in Gran's arms, but was still good natured the whole day. Nathan is really enjoying his jumper and is very content to sit in it for a long time.  He will bounce around some, then spin and look all around, or play with the toys we put in the tray for him.

Right at dusk, we decided to go out for a quick walk on the beach.  We bundled Nathan up again, in a new hat that Gran bought him this morning as well as his mittens and off we went!




All in all, another great day!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I"m so glad your having such a great trip. Now get back before the snow starts! ;) I'm really starting to see Brian in Nathan now. He still has some of your features, but I'm really seeing Brian. Either way, he's super cute!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete