On our final day at Myrtle Beach last week, the weather was GORGEOUS! In the morning, Pawpaw headed out to the driving range to hit a few golf balls, and Gran, Nathan and I decided to tag along.
First, Nathan enjoyed just playing with the golf balls...
Then he was intrigued by the putter I handed him (Gran had bought a kids putter at a second hand store for Nathan).
But the best part was having putting "lessons" from Pawpaw. Look at that follow through - I tell you he's a natural!
That afternoon we hit the beach for the last time. I didn't take the camera with me so I could just focus on having fun with my little boy! The weather was warm enough that I braved getting my feet wet in the Atlantic. The. Water. Was. Cold! Unfortunately for my feet, Nathan thought it was hysterical when I went splashing through the little waves saying "wheeeee!", so we did it quite a few more times. Of course, he was safely dry and warm in my arms during this game. After I finally called it quits, I showed Nathan how we could bury our feet in the sand. At first he wasn't thrilled when I put sand on him, but then he really got into the spirit of playing in the sand. After a while he decided he had enough of the beach and was ready to head back inside. He tried to tell us this by saying "shoes" but we didn't get it. So he decided he would start scooting towards the hotel. After a few feet he realized he could actually walk on the sand in bare feet, so he hopped up and kept on his way. Not once did he look back to see if anyone was following him. Should I be concerned about this new independent streak of his?
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




A born leader I think: "Lead the Way" and "Follow Me" are both famous army mottoes and sure enough, he led and we hastened to follow.
ReplyDeleteGood boy, Nathan. Keep your eye on the ball! Adorable!
ReplyDelete