Nathan LOVES to sweep with the small broom he got for Christmas. However, he is under the impression that whenever the mood to sweep strikes him, I should be part of the "fun" as well. So at least once a day (and usually more), Nathan grabs both our brooms and comes to find me. No matter what I'm doing at that particular moment, he expects me to immediately start sweeping with him. And he is VERY persistent if I try to delay him even for a minute or two.
He'll usually stand with broom in hand and supervise as I begin sweeping. When I start getting a nice little pile of crumbs, cat hair and other debris, he likes to walk into the middle of the pile and sweep it around. At some point the dust pan comes out,which Nathan likes almost as much as his broom. He likes to bring it to me just as I start sweeping, and if I set it down and leave it for too long, he'll grab it and bring it back over. Then I'll sweep what's left of my pile in and help him sweep into the dustpan as well. This bit of sweeping is usually all that he does - the rest of the time he just holds his broom and watches me.
The worst part is that sweeping one room or two doesn't satisfy Nathan, and he can get pretty mad when I tell him I'm "all done" and put my broom away. Usually he'll grab it and bring it back to me, vocally making his displeasure known. Then I have to resort to hiding both brooms in the hall closet and try to distract him with a new activity. But at least my floors are staying cleaner this way!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




So great a blog entry...yes, when I was at your house last week, I swept more than usual too. Hope you can get a little picture of him coming at you with both brooms. What a guy!
ReplyDelete