Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Myrtle Beach Week

Lots of my posts lately have been light on pictures. This post will make up for that... and then some!  And in the interests of getting this posted tonight, I'm going to be short on prose.

I can't believe its been a whole year since Nathan and I last hung out with Gran and Pawpaw at Myrtle Beach, but here we are again!  Its been a little chilly, so we've spent lots of time in the condo and made one visit to the indoor pool.  We have hit the beach twice in the 2.5 days since Nathan and I got here, and thanks to the bucket and spade that Gran bought him, Nathan fell in love with the giant sandbox otherwise known as the beach!

Nathan loved shoveling sand into the bucket and then dumping it out!





Back in the condo, Nathan warmed up to Pawpaw faster then any previous visit, and they both enjoy reading bedtime stories together.

Out of the toys Gran brought for Nathan to play with, the most surprising hit has been the baby doll. Nathan really likes giving the doll hugs and wants to make sure the baby has enough to drink. 
So sweet!

Today it was slightly warmer when we headed out to the beach.  Nathan again spent lots of time with the shovel and bucket.  In fact, he was so intensely concentrating on his work that Gran and I had a really hard time getting him to look up at the camera for a picture.  There was serious work going on!





Gran and I also spent some time this morning on the playground with Nathan.  He really loved going down the slide with both of us!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie, great picures! Nathan enjoys the giant sandbox just like you and James did. And I love the picture of Nathan in Mark's lap. It warms my heart to see that. A good one to frame as a gift to Mark for Father's Day! That way he can see why he needs to take more leave to be with his grandson...wink-wink. GOdo pic of Fran and Nathan on the slide too. What fun you all are having. Love you.

    ReplyDelete