James' Visit!!
Cute pictures, mini family reunion, a flashback - what's not to love?
James came to town this weekend for a seminar at our local Wake Forest University sponsored by the Institute for Humane Studies (even though he explained it to me multiple times what the seminar is about, I can't put it into a coherent description, so I'm referencing the website instead!). When he called me to tell me the good news that he would be coming, he wondered if he could fly in a day early and spend one night with us. Of course I was thrilled and eagerly agreed that we would make it work with our schedules! So I picked him up from Greensboro airport on Friday afternoon and took him home for a visit, dinner, and two rounds of video games with Brian. Then on Saturday morning Brian took him out for a ride in the Cutlass (which was overdue to be driven) and we hung around the house and talked more until after lunch when it was time to take him up to campus. But before he left, and right before we put Nathan down for his nap, we headed outside to take a few pictures to document this reunion.
So cute! And what a great smile from Nathan!
Then Daddy decided it was tickle time and Mommy decided to keep on taking pictures. What an attractive bunch of happy guys!
When James first walked into the house, Nathan acted super shy around him. And although he warmed up Saturday morning, I wasn't expecting him to actually let James hold him to take a picture. But he surprised me, and what an adorable shot I got of uncle and nephew!
And just for fun, a picture from the last time Uncle James and Nathan got to visit. My, that boy has grown!
CORRECTION!!! Aunt Karen reminded me that we got to see Uncle James last March in Knoxville. So HERE is the last time they got to visit!





From Aunt Karen: How wonderful you got to visit with James! I've been thinking of him so much lately. I love the pictures of him and Nathan -- everyone looks so happy! Just a bit of a correction: James was in Knoxville a year ago March when we were there so he has seen Nathan since he was an infant. You got great pictures of James holding Nathan in the air! Hope you are feeling well, sweetie. Again, love seeing James. I miss him.
ReplyDelete