Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flags, Shoes and More Ipod Stuff

I haven't forgotten about documenting the trip to Nashville and Knoxville.  I'm going to try and work on the next post in a few minutes, but I wanted something fast and easy that could go live tonight!

Just a few random thoughts for you today...
  1. Nathan has a new-found love (obsession?) with flags.  We first noticed it while Carroll was here for a visit a few weeks ago.  Nathan would always be on the lookout for balloons as we rode around town in the car, but all of a sudden was noticing, pointing out and asking about American flags.  I'm not sure if its just this time of year, but we started noticing flags all sorts of places around town.  There are usually two flying on our street and we see something like 14 in the few miles between our house and church!  For a while, Nathan's favorite two words in the car were "Flag! More."  It became almost a two word sentence, but thankfully he has backed off some.  But I have now memorized the locations of dozens of flags around town, if anyone ever needs to know!
  2. Nathan did something that had me laughing so hard the other day.  Usually when its time to put Nathan's shoes on, I put them in front of me and Nathan holds onto my head (for balance) while we put his shoes on him.  Thinking that it might be time to start teaching him to put his shoes on himself, the other day I said that it was time to put on his shoes and "Nathan try!"  Here's how he thought it should be done:
  3. Nathan continues to love, Love, LOVE the ipod.  I'm so thankful that he hasn't gotten hooked onto TV, because then I would be starting to worry about his screen time.  But I tend to find him in the funniest places, engrossed in a home video that he's watching...

(We pulled the car seat out of the car to wash it.  He must have spilled some milk in it because it started to STINK!)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of his hands over his head as he contemplated those backward shoes. I'm SO glad you share these moments with us. Gran

    ReplyDelete