Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pool Party!

Our "Aunt" Jenny invited Nathan and me to go to the pool with her a few weeks ago. Her boyfriend's mother has a pool in their backyard, and it was BEAUTIFUL!! The weather was perfect the morning we went and Jennie and I had lots of fun talking and lounging in the pool.


Nathan spent a little time in the water, but mostly amused himself with throwing pebbles (and some bigger rocks) into the pool for me and Jennie to retrieve. For a while we got him into the pool, but only because we let him continue to toss the rocks from his float.


We has an almost catastrophe as the morning was drawing to a close.  There were some very friendly dogs that were in the yard with us, and Nathan was alternately intrigued by them and scared of them (when he felt they might get into his personal space).  But by the end of the morning, Nathan was feeling pretty comfortable around them and decided to start barking at the dogs.  As one of them came over to investigate, Nathan began rethinking his decision and started backing away from the approaching dog.  I yelled at him to "STOP!" but he wasn't paying me any attention.  Before I could get to him, he backed over the edge and fell into the pool.  Thankfully he didn't hit his head on anything, and I grabbed him a second after he went under the water and pulled him up.  He was only mildly upset (thank goodness) and didn't seem to have swallowed or inhaled any water.  It was starting to get close to naptime, so I decided to pack our bags and hit the road before anything more exciting could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment