Sarah is three months old!!
Now I know I didn't post week pictures last week. I actually didn't take any last Friday... too overwhelmed from a rough week and all I could think about was Nana coming to the rescue that afternoon! I did a half-hearted photo shoot on Saturday which produced about zero photos that I wanted to share, so I just figured I would skip a week. But now we are back!
Sarah has continued to sleep AMAZINGLY through the night, and for the first time in over a year, I'm not exhausted at Nathan's naptime. So instead of my usual naps, I actually get a little bit of "me" time during the day, thanks to somewhat synchronous naptimes with the two kiddos. Sarah is working on consolidating her naps as well. Today she took a 2ish hour nap in the morning and after lunch, then a short one before dinner. But other days she still does the 1 hour awake, 1 hour asleep business all day long.
Brian decided to bring out the jumper last week and let Sarah give it a try. We then checked the blog archives and realized that Nathan was exactly the same age when we got it for him! She is still so small that she rattles around in the seat, so (like with Nathan) we are padding with blankets so she can sit up straight. But she seems to really like it so far!
Sarah continues to amaze me with her wonderfully easy-going disposition. I'll set her down somewhere (swing, jumper, rumble chair, propped up in the corner of the couch...) and get busy with something and 10-20 minutes later I realize that she's still where I left her (of course) AND still perfectly content. I know I am so blessed to have such an easy baby this time around!!!
Sarah has also started giggling within the past week. Brian heard it first when he was tickling her on the changing table, and I've since heard it twice. So exciting!
Nathan has really become attached to "Bear" lately. Bear likes to be in the jumper, though he is usually a good sharer with Sarah. But sometimes Bear starts fussin', so Nathan has to take him out and move him to the swing. It's so cute to see him mimicking with Bear what I do with Sarah. Nathan also feeds Ra-Ra a bottle a couple of times a day, always making it a point to tell me that he's "busy". Oops, guess I know where he gets that from! Nathan is definitely in the midst of the terrible twos - alternately driving me crazy and breaking my heart with his sweetness!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago







Such a sweet writeup. And great pictures! Gran
ReplyDeleteForgot to say how fab the top of the page collage is! It became my wallpaper yesterday but now I have new choices. Gran
ReplyDelete