Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Santa, Baby!

Santa visited our church about two weeks ago, and Brian and I took the kids for cookies and a photo op.

This picture?  This is the reason that Nathan was three before I ever took him to visit Santa!  (It was Brian's idea to take Sarah, though in his defense, I didn't really put up a fight.)  (Possible other reasons I never took Nathan before was I didn't want to stand in line by myself at the mall to pay for the privilege of a picture such as this one.)


And even at three years old, Nathan thought I was crazy to ask him to sit on some stranger's lap for a photo - even if that "stranger" was Santa!  But Santa was an old pro and let me sit with Nathan so he would cooperate.  After the photo, he walked back around and was able to get Nathan to talk to him.  Nathan's request for Santa?  "A razor, like Daddy's!"  And his second request?  "A present for Sarah!" What a sweet brother - and he wasn't even coached on that response! 

4 comments:

  1. From Aunt Karen: I think every family has a picture like the one with Sarah and Santa. Only Sarah looks adorable even though she is upset. Too bad she didn't calm down enough to be with you and Nathan as I really like the way Santa is standing behind you both. That's so clever and makes sense. I'm glad Nathan talked to Santa. Kevin too wanted a razor like daddy's but he was about 5 when he asked for one. I found a kid's plastic razor set so Kevin would foam up with Joe and use his plastic razor to "shave". So cute and I have pictures of that. Kevin's smile is so big I thought his face would POP! It's the little things...Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic picture of Sarah and great pose for the Mommay, Nathan & Santa, SO sweet of Nathan to remember Sarah!
    GranFran

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad noticed it still says Oct 2012 in the top right corner...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures...

    Grand Dad

    ReplyDelete