Sunday, December 2, 2012

Videos: Thanksgiving Play and Packing

Brian was scheduled to work the night shift on Thanksgiving, so we had a pretty normal day hanging out at the house. The weather was beautiful so Brian took the kids outside while I worked in the kitchen.  When I peeked out the window to see Sarah riding around on Nathan's four wheeler!  So I grabbed the camera and ran out to get it on video!


We realize this isn't very safe for Sarah to be riding the hopped-up four wheeler, especially since she doesn't know how to steer yet. In fact, she pushes the throttle button with one hand and hangs on for dear life with the other! But we do turn off the turbo when she rides and Brian has plans to modify the four wheeler to make it safer (slower). In the meantime, I got some great exercise yesterday as I ran around with my hand on her back to make sure she didn't fall off!

When Brian went off to work, the kids and I loaded up and went over to some friends' house for Thanksgiving dinner, of which Brian had the leftovers the next day. So even though the day felt very un-Thanksgiving-like, we still got to have a special meal with good playgroup friends!

After Brian worked a few night shifts, he had some post-call days off, so we headed to Knoxville for a short visit. Nathan was trying to be a great helper by packing his suitcase all by himself!  Now we just have to work on his clothing selections....
(I'm learning a new video editing software, so unfortunately the aspect ratio is off on this video. Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment