Sarah just keeps growing and her one (yes, one!) size 18M footie sleeper just kept getting smaller and smaller. I always meant to buy her another one in the current size so I didn't have to strategically plan my laundry schedule, but then I realized our new pressing issue wasn't that she only had one set of pjs but that she had almost outgrown what she had. So on a Target run last month I bit the bullet and bought her some full price new pjs. Oh how it pained me to pay full price but I just don't have a good source for second-hand clothing here in the city. Then, to add insult to injury, Nathan had been asking to wear footie pjs like Sarah but all we had for him was fleece, which would have been unbearable for our hot-natured boy. So when we bought a new sleeper for Sarah (doggy print), Nathan also picked some out for himself (robot print). We got home and in the middle of the day both of them wanted to wear their new "jommies". They were pretty pleased with our new purchases!
Sarah loves building with blocks, though I think they doesn't always present enough of a challenge for her. Then she discovered the pantry! Stacking randomly shaped objects is much more challenging... and stressful for Mama trying to keep the glass jars away from her - usually unsuccessfully. On the flip side, it does keep her entertained while I fix dinner!
This is one of the kid's current favorite games to play with Brian - get the noodle (or "noo-newl" as Sarah says).
Another favorite game (which I didn't get a picture of) is "hide the
ball" where Brian runs to the back of the house and hides the two giant
balls the kids love to play with. Amazingly he continues to find new
hiding places that stump the kids.
What else special does Daddy do with the kids? Doughnuts! Along with many other super-convenient places around our apartment (restaurants, T stop, church, library, post office, bank), there's a Dunkin' Doughnuts about a two minute walk away. And sometimes after dinner Daddy offers to take the kids and buy them a doughnut for a special treat.
Sarah likes to eat all the icing and sprinkles off the doughnut first...
...then in goes the rest of it.
Nathan told me he didn't want me to take a picture of him, so I tried to take one of his half-eaten doughnut. He quickly realized what I was trying to do and snatched the doughnut off his plate and shoved it in his mouth. This was the picture I ended up catching thanks to that quick little boy!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago













Another great blog and lots of great pics! If they're with your iPhone...they're really terrific! Mimi
ReplyDelete