Saturday, March 28, 2015

Andrew: 10 Weeks

I don't think there's much to report about 10 weeks. I feel like I've really got the groove down as a mom of three... well, for the most part. Of course I've got the most amazing support team with Brian and all four grandparents, which has made the transition much easier.  I've only had to take/pick up the kids from preschool two days since Andrew was born because Nana and Granddad are still chauffeuring the big kids.  Nathan and Sarah have also been having Grandparents' Day at least one day a week and sometimes including a sleepover, which lightens my load considerably.  And Brian's just starting another stretch of vacation!  We joke about how he hardly has to work at his job, which isn't really true but definitely feels that way after residency and fellowship.  However he has a mission during his time off - get the Oldsmobile put back together!  He wants to have it driveable before we move to a new house, and we are in serious house-hunting mode now that its spring and the market's picking up. 

But back to Andrew.  What else should I talk about this week?  Of course!  His eyes, which are definitely blue!  My sweet little blue-eyed boy! 


And sleep... its always about always sleep with infants!  I think we are finally working our way out of the fussy evening phase.  In the past week Andrew's gone to sleep at 8:00 and 7:30 and slept all the way through until morning (of course still waking up to feed, but going right back to sleep).  It isn't happening every night, since sometimes his schedule gets thrown way off by family walks in the evenings or picnics in the parks or just plain weird napping days.  But I'm feeling good about where we are!


Today when Nathan asked to hold Andrew, I went into the study to get my camera and laid Andrew down on the floor.  I realized that once again I hadn't taken any portrait type pictures of Andrew to post, so when I saw how cheerful he was there on the floor and the nice light coming in the window I started talking to him and snapping photos.  And once again in one or two minutes I got some really great expressions from my sweet baby! 

Then it was back to the couch for a "test shot" with Nathan.


Brothers.  I so look forward to seeing how their relationship grows and changes over the years.  I'm so thankful that Nathan has such a sweet and nurturing spirit.  He loves his little bro so much!  I continually hear "Mommy, can I pet Andrew before you pick Andrew up/milk Andrew/put Andrew to nap/etc?"


I think this is just so telling about Nathan - we were having a big discipline issue with him a few weeks ago and as Brian was prompting Nathan to list his privileges around the house (to then lead to the discussion of potential consequences), along with TV and phone time he listed "pet Andrew" as a privilege. 


Yeah, and Sarah?  Although she was excited to take a turn holding Andrew too, when I tried to take pictures of the two of them all I managed to get were awkward angles and weird expressions.  So my mission for next week: get a good picture of Sarah and Andrew together!

1 comment:

  1. Super precious! All three! God is good! ��
    GranFran

    ReplyDelete