Sarah made it to almost 3 1/2 without getting her first haircut, though in hindsight I should have done it a few months ago. Remember the rat's nest that was Sarah's hair on days I didn't brush her hair? Well I'm sure not brushing her hair every day was part of the problem, but part of the reason that I shirked my duties was that it was such a chore to get under control. I guess it was just a terrible downward spiral: tangled hair = not brushing = more tangled hair = more not brushing. BUT, that has changed!!
It was Nathan and Daddy's day for haircuts, so I popped Sarah on the counter beside Nathan and got to work. Here's "before" after brushing all the tangles out.
Both kids were intent on their Iphone activities, almost oblivious to the ministrations of Daddy and me.
Sarah was watching my phone while I was taking the before pictures and she didn't even notice when I put the camera down to pick up the scissors and make my first cut. I reached around her to put the first lock down (so I could bag it later for a keepsake), and Sarah said surprised "Did you cut my hair already?!?" So thankfully no angst on her part about the actual cutting.
I basically just started cutting, not analyzing the length or anything. When I got done Brian was pretty surprised at how much I had cut off ("Wow, that's Boston short!") but I think it was for the best. Now her hair is basically the same length all the way around - no more "mullet" in the back. And its a lot more curly and less tangly and we all were super happy with the results.
Sarah's haircut was short and sweet with just some snip-snip-snips, while Nathan's took quite a bit longer. He really likes Daddy to use the electric razor on his hair since that's how Brian cuts his own, but apparently that takes Brian longer then it would to cut it with scissors. Didn't matter to Nathan, though, it just meant more phone time for him!
So by the end of the morning, three out of the five of us were looking much more spiffy!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago










Sarah's hair has been very cute shorter and curlier! Gran
ReplyDelete