Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Fun!



Today Brian had to work a 24 hour shift, so Nathan and I were on our own for the whole day.  Though I was anticipating a not very exciting day (actually, I thought it would be one of those you can't wait until they are over), we had a really fun day.  Church went well, with Nathan taking a 30 minute nap in the nursery.  Then we went out to eat with TONS of people of church at Kimono, and Nathan was so well behaved and happy, everyone couldn't stop complimenting him!  Then we stopped by the hospital to visit our new friend, one-day-old Tucker Keen (and Dad, Mom and Nana too).  Nathan was pretty excited about little Tucker and acted like he wanted to eat him when we took a picture of the two of them together.  About one minute after driving away from the hospital, Nathan was asleep in the car and continued his nap in the crib once we came home.  After he woke up from a short nap, I decided it was time to blow up the $5 kiddie pool I bought for him at Walmart and let Nathan have some pool time. It was not a total success... 
The problem came with filling up the pool.  Our hose in the back yard is busted, so I was planning on using a bucket to fill from the outside spigot.  However the spigot in the back is really low to the ground, so I had to finagle the bucket underneath (too lazy to go out front, and probably ended up making more work for myself, oh well).  But after dumping two partial buckets in the pool, I realized that the water was pretty cool.  So I stopped filling and put Nathan in the pool.  Because it was warm outside, he was happy for about 10 minutes.  When we were done, I left the water in the pool.  I expect the water will be warmer tomorrow after sitting, but I'm worried about how much debris will drop into the water.  We'll see... 
After pool time, we gathered our stuff and headed over to Shane and Crystal's for dinner.  We at a yummy roast beef dinner and then Nathan and I hung out until he started getting sleepy, so I double diapered him, put him in his pjs and hit the road for the 5 minute drive home.  One last feeding for Nathan, and he was down for the night.  Now I'm trying to get caught up on bunches of stuff I've slacked on lately (blogging, laundry, balancing the check book, backing up pictures and videos, picking up the house).  Well, one down and more to go before bed!
Nathan started eyeing the cord hanging from the camera.  It reminds him of the one he loves to chew on "his" cell phone.

2 comments:

  1. What a great day. The 2 buckets of water make me laugh. Lots of love, Mom/Gran p.s. Your dad saw the blog 1st this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love the pictures of Nathan in the pool (especially the strategically placed toys!). So glad he loves the water as you did.

    ReplyDelete