- 20 minutes after I put Nathan down he was awake and fussing. I went in and gave him more milk and put him back down in his crib.
- After another 20 minutes, he was still awake and fussing, I went back in with water and then put him back down...
- ...then he started crying. After about 10 minutes I went back in with water and told him that Daddy was still at work and he wouldn't be able to see Daddy or say goodnight to him tonight, but he would see Daddy in the morning. He started crying again before I was out the door.
- After another 10 minutes of on and off crying, I went back in and rocked him to sleep. It was now about an hour since I first put him in his crib! We never rock him to sleep anymore because he's so good at falling asleep on his own, but even though he was exhausted, he had just gotten too worked up to put himself to sleep easily.
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




Maybe you can record a video of Brian telling Nathan goodnight and let him see it on the computer at bedtime? Might be worth a try--be cool if it worked.
ReplyDeleteGood idea, Fran. I was even thinking of a recording of Brian say on the cell voice mail or something like that. A recorded book at bedtime of Brian reading to him...just some thoughts. Good luck, Katie. I remember how stressful it is at night when baby boy does not want to go to sleep and the adults can't wait to!
ReplyDelete