Monday, January 23, 2012

Sarah: 10 Weeks

While writing previous posts about Sarah's week birthdays, I kept feeling the "I can't believe she's getting so old" feeling.  Well, that's finally changed.  Here we are at week 10 and now I can't believe that she's so young!  I can barely remember what life was like without her, how could it have only been 10 weeks ago that she was born?  Its a strange feeling...

Sarah has a great smile!!  I'm so thrilled!  And she's such a happy baby, I know I'm going to see that smile very often - hooray!

During these past few weeks, Sarah has gotten super easy to put down to bed.  Long gone (thankfully) are the weeks of fussy evenings, where we would play "pass the baby" as we waited and waited for her to tire and be ready to fall asleep.  Now she usually tanks up for the night by nursing every 1-2 hours in the afternoon and evening.  Then between 6:00 and 7:00 she'll suddenly get super fussy, which is our cue to pop her in her nightgown and sleep sack and then I nurse her to sleep.  And mostly she's down for the night at this point!!  I'm LOVING my free nights, which I had mentally prepared myself that I wouldn't have free for months.

This picture cracks me up! Her head control has gotten really good within the past days and weeks, and she is so strong, propping herself up on her arms! So I wanted to get pictures of her in that pose, but the whole series ended up with this super-surprised look on her face. Too funny!

Now for an update on our little boy... Nathan has started muttering under his breath, which I'm sure is one of the things that I'm unintentionally teaching him.  Mostly, its funny to hear him repeat sayings that I don't even realize that I say, like "Come on, people!" when I'm frustrated with other drivers (whew, that is thankfully mild!).  He also gets a kick out of calling out "Brian!" after I call for his daddy.

And finally, Sarah's most recent development: thumb sucking!

No comments:

Post a Comment