This past Friday Sarah turned eight weeks old and tomorrow is her two month birthday!! Sarah, Nathan and I headed to the pediatrician this morning for her check up and she certainly continues to grow. Here are her stats:
Weight: 13 lb 1 oz (100%) (with clothes and diaper)
Height: 22.5 inches (93%)
Head: 15.25 inches (86%)
I am floored at how huge she is getting, but it does explain why I'm eating like a HORSE these days! Tonight I had a grilled chicken sandwich on bun, 2 helpings of potato salad, 1/2 apple & broccoli. When I was finished, I thought "I could go for a second sandwich right about now!" But I guess its all for a good cause :). I just am having to be more deliberate about keeping healthy snacking options around or I'll just stuff my face with whatever junk food I can scrounge up.
But enough about me... well, actually more about me!! I realized that although I'm doing a good job of taking pictures of Sarah every week, there are only a handful of pictures of me and her (slightly more with her and Brian), so I decided to work on changing that this week. So here are the eight week pictures I took...
Self portrait - putting Sarah down for her afternoon nap.
Later that day after Nathan woke up from his nap, we were off to the park! Nathan, as always, loved swinging! And yes, he has stickers on his cheeks! This started at church and now whenever he gets stickers he ALWAYS wants them to go on his cheeks! Unfortunately these were pretty sticky stickers and after having them on from early afternoon until bedtime, it hurt when Brian pulled them off him AND they left red marks on his cheeks that didn't fade for three days! So next time I'll have to be more careful!
Sarah sleeping in the carrier while I play with Nathan at the park.
Super cute picture of Nathan - it was the last one of the day and he finally gave me a little smile when I pointed the camera in his direction. Earlier I convinced him to take a picture with Mommy and he stuck his finger in his nose... and he WOULD NOT agree to do a second take. Oh well!
Back at home I realized that I didn't get any good pictures of Sarah to celebrate her eight week birthday, so we ran outside as it was getting dark to get a few with her awake. I love this one of my two kiddos!
And I love this one because of those eyes! She and Nathan both seem to have been blessed with beautiful eyes, though their eyes don't look the same at all!
Here's what Sarah's been up to lately: She nurses every 2-3 hours during the day, but over the past week and a half she has usually only been waking up once at night to eat (I LOVE THIS!). The notable exception is when she got up THREE times this past Thursday night and I felt like a train wreck the next morning. Thankfully I convinced Nathan to come lay down in bed with me after his 7 o'clock wake up call, and I was able to doze until around 7:30. All Sarah's baby acne and accompanying face peeling is completely gone and she now has practically a baby-smooth complexion. Her right eye still gets a little teary and crusty every now and then when the tear duct gets blocked, but it is definitely improving as well. She continues to smile and coo more and both Mommy and Daddy are thrilled!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago










From Aunt Karen: absolutely beautiful pictures and narratives. You crack me up! Sarah is beautiful. I think chubby babies are the cutest and she's definitely healthy looking. Her eyes are striking and big like her brothers eyes too. I was also thinking there aren't many pictures of you and the children so this was a big treat! love you.
ReplyDelete