Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Seven?? Weeks

I took these pictures last Friday on Sarah's seven week birthday (not sure if "birthday" is really the right term, but I'm just going with it). Ever since then I've been thinking about how I need to get the pictures up before her next week birthday rolls around... and then I stop and ask myself "now did she just turn seven weeks, or is that this coming week, or is she already eight weeks, what?!" I find it sad that I already can't remember how old she is, or maybe I'll just blame it on sleep deprivation (really we're all sleeping pretty well these days, so that's probably not a good excuse).

Ok, so to get this post published and get to bed, here we go!

As of last week, Sarah's baby acne was finally starting to get better, but as it was healing it made her skin peel pretty badly.  Unfortunately I didn't wash her face before I took the pictures so she looks a little flaky up close (or maybe you can't tell and wouldn't have known except that I mentioned it). 

I leaned over to give Sarah a kiss on the cheek while I was taking pictures, so my helper ran over and also decided to give her a kiss!  Mommy was slow on the trigger and got this action shot, which makes me giggle with Nathan's expression.  He kindly repeated the kiss upon my request about four more times, but I could never time my picture quite right.  But I love that he wanted to give her a kiss just like Mommy did!

I think this is a "Sarah, Sarah" chant going on!

Sarah loves it when I put her on the bathroom floor to stare at our striped shower curtain, just like Nathan used to love!

And here's Nathan building a new type of tower.  I was amazed he could balance those triangular blocks like that , but the fourth caused it all to go crashing down.  When he built it back up, he turned the four triangles into two rectangles, which allowed his tower to stand much longer!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics and story. Amazing tower! Love it! Gran

    ReplyDelete