This past week has been an exciting week in Sarah's life. As I shared in the videos, Sarah has decided she loves to suck her thumb. As each day passes, her coordination has improved and it's easier to pop that thumb in her mouth. She especially likes to suck after I lay her down in her crib to sleep - she fusses until she gets the thumb in her mouth and then *sigh* she is so happy! But the even more exciting news is that Sarah has slept through the night every night this past week! I am convinced that this is due to her thumb sucking!! Brian and I both have heard her making noise in the morning arouth 5:00 or 5:30, but I am positive that she is able to go back to sleep because she can self soothe with that thumb of hers. So thumb sucking may or may not be great in the long term, but for the short term it is WONDERFUL!!
Sarah's other recent development is that she doesn't really like to be in a reclined position. When she's being held, when I prop her on the couch, even today in the stroller - she will get mad and try to sit up. Come on Mom, don't you realized she's a big girl already? She, of course, still can't really sit up without lots of support, but she sure is trying!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago





You are right! I noticed she wants to sit up too! To get a better view I bet...try putting her in that green seat by the front door next nice day. CUTEST picture yet! I'm in love! Gran
ReplyDelete