Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nathan and Oreo

Most of the past three and a half months (already!) of Nathan's life, Nathan and the cats have coexisted peacefully in our house.  Nathan was too young to realize what the cats were, and the cats ignored Nathan - unless he was crying and then they would move to another room.  That is all beginning to change.
I think I mentioned in an ealier post that Nathan has started watching the cats, whether it was during tummy time if they happened to wander into the room, or if they walked past him while he was in his jumper.  Every so often, I have been taking Nathan to where the cats are lying to let them smell him and help him "pet" the cats. 

Lately Oreo has been coming into Nathan's room fairly often during tummy time and sitting on the floor near us.  Today he ventured even closer and started rubbing his head on Nathan's side.  Then he sat down next to Nathan and they would kind of look at each other, then look around at something else, and then look back.  I think its cool that Oreo is starting to show a greater interest in Nathan, and I know that as Nathan grows he will definitely take a greater interest in them (like chasing them or pulling on their fur or tails)!

No comments:

Post a Comment