With that bad start to the night, I thought I was in for another rough one. Pleasantly surprised, I woke up at 2:00 to feed him, had to rock him back to sleep at 4:30 and then he hungry at 6:45 and was up at 7:20ish. He took a great nap in the morning (me too, again), then was an angel while we were out running errands (in the snow!!). He fussed on the ride home, falling asleep in the car and ended up taking an hour nap. He was in a great mood this afternoon, and as you can see from the top picture, even cooperating with me as we tried cloth diapers for the first time!! He took another nap in the afternoon. This one was short (30 minutes), but I think he woke up and couldn't go back to sleep because his diaper was wet. At least this afternoon, this kid pee'd like it was going out of style!! He started getting tired again around 6:00, but I learned my lesson from the night before and we pushed through and made it until 7:00, when I nursed him down for the night. He woke up a few times between 7 and 8, but Brian and I were able to rock him back to sleep. I'm loving this 7:00 bedtime, maybe that won't be a one-night thing.
All this just goes to remind me that every day is a new day, with an equal chance of having a good or bad day. The other thing I'm trying to keep in mind is that whether I have a "good" or "bad" day is based on my expectations of the day and my attitude about what actually happens, so I (not Nathan) should be able to dictate how I feel about my day. There was a good quote in "The Shack" about how our perspective dictates our emotions, I'll have to find it and share.
Oh, and here's a video for your viewing pleasure! (*Sigh* The best part about this video is Nathan's intense look as he plays with his toy, which you can't really see since the video is so small. Sorry!)




It is said "Happiness in life is based on expectations". Looks like you're learning that.
ReplyDeleteGood for you and what a darling boy as I watch the video with my nose up to the screen. :D
Gran/Mom
Bless your heart on the sleeping issues. Maybe he's trying to get a tooth or something? Who knows. But the pictures are priceless. Oh so cute!! So cloth? You go girl, I definitely could not do that, let me know how it goes. Early bedtime is great until you have to go somewhere and they want their bed... so many decisions. You're doing great though! Nathan is a sweet sweet boy!!
ReplyDelete